Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Surprise!


To all reading this, it’s Mason! Mackenzie needs a break from writing in this blog. I cannot thank you all enough for all the support and prayers. They have been truly helping me down this Orange Brick road. Today, I had to get a blood transfusion. Some of you may ask what’s that? The level of hemoglobin in my blood went below a certain level (which sort of is a good thing because it means the chemo has been doing its job) and it is the job of the staff here to raise that level. They raise the level by giving me more blood. You may ask, well where do they get the blood? Blood drives. If you have an opportunity to give blood I suggest you should. A couple minutes out of your day could help anyone with Leukemia stay strong and win his or her battle.

Also, like I said, don’t take anything for granted. For example: a shower. I used to take long, hot showers like mostly all of you do. Now I take quick showers because I can’t get my chest wet. The tube they needed to put in my body for Chemotherapy (a Broviac) starts at my chest. I cannot get that wet. Yes, they do put a waterproof bandage called an AquaGuard over it but that is just in case. Also, I can’t really take hot showers for fear of a rash.
I hope you all enjoyed this post. Once again, thank you for all your support and all of the prayers. It really helps knowing that many people are thinking about me. And to all of my Malvern Brothers, thank you all so much for having my back. You all are showing everyone really what the Malvern Brotherhood is about, VeritasUnitas, and Caritas - Truth, Unity, and Love.

In the wise words of St. Augustine, “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” All of the support shows me that you guys are in this too, and we are all fighting as one.

4 comments:

  1. Mason, thank you for a great post! When I logged on this evening to read Kenzie's latest blog, I was indeed "surprised"! Reading your eloquent words made my heart soar. You've provided us with important information -- I hope the blood transfusion wasn't too uncomfortable -- but, as all great writers do, you brought your message to life with color, depth, sincerity, and good sentence structure (I know, boring, but it matters). Keep it up - maybe you've got a book in you... Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mason, So glad to hear from you. Everyday we check in to see how you are doing! The kids are praying for you everyday in class. Their teachers now know you....the kids are so proud of you and your strength as are Frank and I. I hear how amazing you are from Tina and Danielle. I am so amazed.. Keep strong... we send you all of our love from Boca!!

    Frank, Natasha & kids... XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason, it's good to hear your voice. Your sister is telling a beautiful story about your journey and you. She is an excellent writer. We are all thinking of you here at Malvern. You should have seen the dress down day last week, it was amazing. Kids are shaving their heads. I'm already bald, so I can't help with that one. Keep up the good fight and keep on inspiring all of us.
    Mr. Wass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mason, once again, I read the blog AFTER I put on my makeup and now I have to re apply because tears of joy ruined it...LOL...So good to hear about what is happening with you. Being far away is tough on us here in Florida, but following you makes it better. You (and your family) are in my prayers....I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete