Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Speechless


Wow. I’m amazed at all the support we’ve gotten in the past 24 hours. Tonight I came home from an orange out at a Great Valley basketball game. Mason does not go to Great Valley as we all know, but they all wore orange for him. The message of “Team Orange” spread so quickly that I’m simply in awe. I know that the rest of my family is as well. Mason is absolutely shocked, but I can tell that all of the outward signs of support are raising his spirits.
As I pulled down my street, I noticed something extremely special, heart-warming and breathtaking. Tied to all of the mailboxes were orange ribbons. I’ve never seen anything more remarkable. I have my neighbors to thank for that. Lily, Mrs. Curtin, and Mrs. McStravick, you have truly inspired me. Thank you so very much. The ribbons look beautiful.
All of this support is only more proof that we are all traveling down this orange brick road together. Each day we get closer and closer to our Emerald City. Mason knows the battle will have ups and downs and forks in the road along with bumps, but his faith and strength are empowering. The support from everyone else is only more encouraging. Thank you again for all you have been doing for us. We are keeping you in our prayers as well. 

2 comments:

  1. So incredible....I have to remember to read your blog before I put on my makeup...since it gets all wet from tears of joy...off to change the makeup. I always knew how special your "cul-de-sac" family was, but how beautiful. Thank them for us from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog, McKenzie. Your brother is so lucky have such an amazing support system. Keep up the good fight, Mason! You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if I can do anything at all to help.

    ReplyDelete