Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bible Passages for Comfort



This post will mean more to those of you who are religious or identify with some sort of religion, but these passages have brought me comfort so I figured I would share. Hopefully some of you will be able to appreciate these the way I do and maybe even apply them to your own lives as well.

Deuteronomy 31:8- The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Psalm 23:4- Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Jeremiah 1:8- "Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD. 

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Romans 8:28- For those who love God and are called in his plan, everything works out for the good.

1 Peter 5:6-7- Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may life you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

The second Jeremiah verse is my favorite of all time, and the verse from Romans is from Father Flynn. I hope you can take from these what I did: strength, hope and faith.

1 comment:

  1. Mackenzie, what a beautiful and inspiring blog...quite the support system for your brother and family!
    We also rely on the verses above, as well as one other:
    James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
    Please feel our love and strength sent your way...keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Tom and Melea

    ReplyDelete