Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today's the Day! Well . . . Tuesday



Sorry!!! I know I’ve been slacking so badly. I haven’t updated you guys in over a week probably! I have tons of good news though so here we go.
HE’S HOME! Mason came home on Tuesday. First period on that day I got a text from him (sorry, teachers), and he said that he would be home by the following day. Of course I freak out and get really excited in class, but tried to keep it subtle as I was blatantly ignoring our school’s phone policy. Next period, I had a study hall so I was using my phone to listen to music. I got another text from Mason in our family group message saying, “WOOOOOHOOOO TODAY IS THE DAY!” I kid you not when I tell you that I cried. I looked at my phone, smiled, then just cried. I have never felt so happy, excited, and relieved all at once. Just think, he’s home right now in between his first round of chemo and the next. Imagine what we’ll all do when he comes home when chemo is over!
So anyway, Mason is home. It’s an amazing feeling to come home from work or school and see him in my family room or walk into his own room before I go into mine for the night instead of just passing by it. I could not describe to you how it feels, as I’m sure no one else in my family could either. As usual, words are inadequate, insufficient, unsatisfactory. They’re just not enough. Morgan will also be coming home for the weekend! She flies in tonight and will be joining the family all the way from North Carolina. It will be almost strange to have the whole family together… at home! I can’t remember the last time we were all together here. I really can’t wait.
Tonight at Malvern Prep, they are having a cancer awareness night. Parker will be speaking at it along with Eric Campbell, Leo Carlin, and others. This night is dedicated to awareness of childhood cancer and just how it affects the families of those involved. People are going to show their support and get a new perspective. It’s honestly going to be an awesome event. I can’t wait to see everyone who comes out to support, but no worries. If you can’t come out tonight I’ll be posting a video of Mason after the event.
As always, thank you for everything you all have been doing. The support continues to be incredibly breathtaking. We realize how lucky we are more and more every single day. Keep praying everyone, but Mason’s getting better, and we’re glad to have him home. 

2 comments:

  1. It must be soooo wonderful to finally have Mason home! We're such in awe of all of you! You are truly an inspiration and amazing to all of us. We know Mason will make a full recovery because he's a fighter and he's got so many people fighting and praying for him. Keep up the strong fight, Mason, we're all behind you!! We love and miss you all. Denise, Dino, Nick & Alec

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! We are so happy for you and your family. I bet you have no idea of who we are...actually you have supporters accross the ocean!! I'm your aunt Stacie's best friend, and a friend of your mum and dad too. I live in Rome, Italy and I've been reading your blog (and Mackenzie's - by the way, you've both talented writers) since the beginning. My two kids are so excited you are back home, my 8-year-old Claudia said that her prayers really worked! Let me tell Frank and Laura that you did a wonderful job, raising four fantastic kids. There is so much love, positive energy, faith and strenght in all of you, it's amazing! We are with you Mason, we keep all of you in our hearts and in our prayers. We support your Orange Team and scream FORZA MASON!! You will get to the Emerald City, no doubts about it! Love from Eleonora, Massimo, Gianmarco and Claudia

    ReplyDelete