Monday, June 10, 2013

It's been awhile.... I'm Sorry!!!



Hey Everyone! It’s Mason.  Sorry it’s been so long since our last post, but we’ve been pretty busy the past couple of weeks. First of all, Congratulations to Mackenzie for graduating! I had a long 2 weeks home before entering Johns Hopkins for my bone marrow transplant. I was admitted on June 6th, this past Thursday. Some of you may or may not know that my transplant was moved to June 11th, my actual birthday. I’m being reborn and turning 15 on the same day! That’s special. If any of you were wondering what you could get me for my birthday, don’t. Morgan is giving me the best present anyone ever could receive- new life! Although Morgan is afraid of needles, she will still donate her bone marrow to me as she knows I would do the same.
It’s kinda funny actually how my transplant landed on my birthday as did another patient’s. Friday, June 7, a patient was receiving a bone marrow transplant, and it was also his birthday. All the Doctors and Nurses here say they’ve never seen one “Rebirthday” on a regular birthday, let alone two in one week! They thought that was amazing and how it has to mean something good.
As I sit here typing this, staring at a bag of chemotherapy, I can think only of Prayers. All the prayers you and your families have offered for my family and me is amazing. I couldn’t thank you guys enough… ever. EVER. Thank you so much for your support through whether through prayers, or just being here for us, it means so much. When I look at these bags of Chemotherapy, I see Faith, Courage and Strength. It’s almost over. We’re so close! Now time is the most important factor. We have to wait for my blood counts to recover, and we’re done. So on June 11th I would ask all of you reading this to pray for my family and me because on June 11th I will be reborn. If (and when) all things go well I can get back to sleeping in my own house normally again. No more IV Pumps Beeping, no bright lights, no more waking up every 6 hours. I’m not complaining, but I’d like to say that these things just put towards a bigger reward.
All of you know how we are big Pittsburgh fans. I would ask all of you to prayer for a friend, Mr. Nick Leyva. Mr. Leyva is the third base coach of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Mr. Leyva recently lost his father to Cancer. Please keep him and the whole Leyva family in your prayers. And I know if you’re a Phillies fan you still will pray for them because you all know of the importance of things in life. I don’t want to go into full detail with the story I just ask that every time you pray for my family and me, pray for the Leyva’s.
Another thing, when you prayer for my family and me, don’t just pray for us, pray for all the families that are going through what we are going through. Just because you don’t know the family your praying for doesn’t mean the prayers won’t work.  So every time you go to pray for one person, pray for many. God doesn’t stop answering them when you ask him for too many things.

THE LONGER THE BATTLE THE GREATER THE REWARD

And in the Wise Words of St. Augustine again, “Patience is the companion of Wisdom.” We’re going down the home stretch. Like the last game of a 7 game series; we got this one. It’s ours. Thank You so much and Much Love to All.
            

5 comments:

  1. Good luck, Mason and Morgan!! We'll be sending positive thoughts your way all day and keeping you in our hearts. We'll also keep your friends in our prayers, too. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Florida family is sending their love and prayers to you, Morgan and of course the whole Abate clan...you are all so strong and brave and I have never been more proud to be your Aunt....Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Mason!! We are thinking and praying for You and Morgan on this day of rebirth.
    We know you are in good hands! You continue to inspire us and everyone around you.
    Sending you love from Florida!!! Uncle Benny and family....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping updated via Tina. You are in our thoughts continuously. All our love, Lillian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Re-Birthday,Mason! I usually don't write on the blog because every time I try, I get so many errors and it takes a half hour to get it to post correctly. I've been writing well-wishes on the ABC's blog and Tina told us that your dad has been reading them to you. You and Morgan never cease to amaze us!! You're truly our heroes. So glad to hear Morgan is feeling a little better. Tina has been keeping us updated. We're so proud of you all!! We love you!! Prayers and thoughts always, Auntie Denise, Uncle Dino, Nick & Alec

    ReplyDelete